• Illegal encroachment of some part of my property

Dear Sirs,
I  & My four family  members have purchased land site at Karkala Taluk , Udupi District ,  purchase agreement has been registered under the sub registrar at Karkala  on 28- 05- 2013.  All we are staying at Mumbai.
Now we are understand that  some part of land was encroached by adjacent landlord   and built a house, even some part of house construction is covered in our land area.
Now i want to get back entire part of my land. 
I looking for valuable advice  how can i go head with legally get back the land . Where & whom should i lodge complain this matter.
Thanks and regards,
Chandrahas Salian
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
you will have to approach civil court for this
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

In order to recover your land after removal of encroachment you will have to file a law suit for possession in the civil court. Your remedy lies only before a court of law. 

In addition to a case for possession you may also file a criminal complaint for trespass against landlord.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23180 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) file criminal complaint of trespass against landlord 

2) file civil suit for possession in civil court in udipi . 

3) contact a local lawyer
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46896 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to file a civil suit for deceleration and possession  of the property and also mandatory injunction for demolishing the encroached portion.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer