• Legal separation

A girl is in job and her husband also in job in different state and cities but her husband dont want to stay with her and want divorce and threating her that he will proove her characterless  by obtaining her call detailso my query is that 1- what is he legal process of obtaining call details 2- is it sufficient evidence to proove her characterless
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Patna, Bihar
Religion: Hindu
you can not obtain it as it can only provied by sp of your area ,who give permission only if it is connected with some case,you can also hire some detective agency,her character can not be proved with calls details,for it again you will have to take services of detective agency
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

1) you cannot obtain call details .husband would need order from court to find out numbers she has called .cops can also find these details if they are investigating commission of an offence 

2)  husband can hire detective agency if he so desires . 

 3) let husband file for divorce . wife can oppose divorce if she so desires .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44209 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can't prove once character based on call details and in practically it is very difficult to prove the same.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

1. Call details cannot be obtained except if the person desirous of obtaining them is backed by a court order to this effect.

2. Whether or not the spouse can be proved characterless on the basis of call details depends on the relation between the caller and receiver of call, the frequency of calls and time duration thereof. 

3. If husband wants divorce then he may unilaterally apply for it.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer