- Under the Hindu Marriage Act, Separation is a ground of Divorce, if the husband and wife have been living separately for more than two years at the time of filing petition.
- Further, if the separation is more than 2 years period, then even without a reason, is a ground for a Divorce decree.
- Even, if, she wanted to live with him in future , the court will grant divorce to the husband , because there is no relation as husband & wife since long period.
- Since, he has already filed a divorce case, then the court will grant divorce within a short period of time , due to non appearance by his wife in the case.
- As per section 17 of Bigamy Act, any marriage between two Hindus solemnized after the commencement of this Act is void if at the date of such marriage either party had a husband or wife living; and the provisions of Sections 494 and 495 of the Indian Penal Code shall apply accordingly.
- Hence, the marriage with you , without getting divorce from the first wife is not valid and attract Bigamy as per law.
- The marriage with you will not create problem with you , as your relation will be considered just like a relationship between a man and woman , and which is legal now, but you will not get status of a wife legally.
- Better to wait for divorce from his fist wife. Even an ex-parte divorce is also valid in India.
Good luck and dont forget to rating Positively