• Online marriages

I need a info regarding online marriages. Bride is in India and the groom is in USA. Both the families are willing for the marriages. Groom will not be able to come to India till next one year. So is there a possibility that marriage can be done online and get registered.

Thanks & Regards
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Hyderabad, Telangana
Religion: Hindu
1. How can the marriage be done online? Can you arrange online an agnikund which is indispensable for a Hindu marriage? How will the bride and groom take rounds before fire?

2. If bride and groom are in two different countries they may marry under the Foreign Marriage Act before the Indian Consulate but this requires them to appear together before the consulate.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) marriage cannot be solemnised online 

2) physical presence of both parties is necessary for marriage to be solemnised 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46891 Answers
2772 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can not register the marriage on online you have to register the marriage before the Sub-Registrar and presence of both parties are very much required.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

no, online marriage can not be possible neither as per rites and rituals nor by law.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4880 Answers
226 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

No marriage can be solemnized online. Physical presence of both the persons is required for a proper and valid marriage to take place under Hindu Law. The law requires signature of both the persons getting married to sign in presence of the Magistrate.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
887 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This query will stretch for online child production too.
There is no such thing called online marriage, how can you get a marriage certificate for a marriage that has actually not happened or solemnized as per law. 
The parents of bride and groom are not getting married, so it cannot be tenable. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
37091 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer