• What is the procedure to get birth certificate?

my parents did not applied birth certificate for me  .i was born in house in 1996 at karaikal .my parents walking last 4 yr to get birth certificate.but still they can't get it.they did not registered my birth on that time .i having license ,aadhar,school certificates but i cannot apply for passport without birth certificate .so please tell me what should i want to do to get birth certificate..
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Karaikal, Puducherry
Religion: Muslim
apply with hospital registration nummber to the municiaplity office of the area
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

you can apply in birth & death office of municiplity
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Apply to the registrar of births and deaths in your city.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Every Birth or Death is to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence in the prescribed reporting forms. The persons required to register Birth / Death are:
(a) When the Birth / Death has taken place in a house.	Head of the house or nearest relative of the head of the House or oldest person in the family
(b) When the Birth/Death was taken place outside the house
(i) In a Hospital/Health Centre, Maternity Home or other like institutions	Medical Officer Incharge or any officer authorised by him.

Any birth of which delayed information is given to the Registrar can be registered under Section 13 (1, 2 and 3) of RBD Act-1969 as follows:
13(1) - After 21 days but within a month of its occurrence shall be registered on payment of late fee Re. 1/- (One).
13(2) - After thirty days but within one year of its occurrence shall be registered only with the written permission of the District Registrar, Births and Deaths and on payment of a late fee of Rupees Three and on production of an affidavit made before a notary public or Magistrate 1st Class.
13(3) - Any birth which has not been registered within one year, of its occurrence, shall be registered only on an order of Sub-Divisional Magistrate and on payment of a late fee of Rupees Five and on production of an affidavit made before Magistrate 1st Class giving reasons for non-registering the event
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44209 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer