Caste discrimination for marriage
I would like to know that if a girl's parents reject a boy solely on the basis of his caste can he file a case against them for discrimination of caste? The girl might be willing to help him
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
1. No case lies against refusal of marriage , more so, when the party is other than the couple.
2. Refusal of marriage on the ground of caste is hence not liable bring prosecution.
3. However f someone from higher caste makes derogatory remark on caste of the person of SC OR ST category then criminal case can be filed against him.
So in your case solely for refusal of marriage on caste you can file case against them.
1) You have not given detailed particulars in your query
2) what is your caste and what is the girl caste
3) if you have been rejected rather than filing case better move on in life and find another girl
4) if you file a case there is no chance girl parents will ever agree to your marriage with their daughter ever
5) daughter may under parent pressure refuse to give evidence In your favour
I afraid that the boy has any legal right to file a case against the girl's parents on this count. If the girl and boy both are major i.e. the girl above the age of 18 years and boy above the age of 21 years, and both of them are willing to marry, they have legal right to marry irrespective of caste differences.
Advocate, New Delhi
1. You cannot file any case against them for rejecting you on the basis of your caste,
2. If your gf is willing to marry you and she is restrained from doing so by her parents then seek protection from the High Court which will rise to the occasion.
Hi, you can not file a case against them as it is a personal thing you can't file such a case and it will not help you.
He can file a defamation case against them but can not file a discrimination case.
Advocate, New Delhi
Rejection of a matrimonial proposal by the parents of the girl on the basis of caste is their personal to which the law cannot interfere, neither one can initiate any legal action for caste discrimination because there is no offence committed by them,they have expressed their right which is fully protected by the constitution.
If the girl is above 18 years and is ready to marry you then the consent of parents is immaterial. So you may marry her if she's above 18 years and is agreeing to marry you provid d she's ready to break ties from her parents. Since she will be marrying against their wishes they might not be interested in maintaining any relation with her.
1. An adult girl can marry any body she wants to for which she does not have to take anybody's permission,
2. It will be difficult to fix her parents for rejecting you as their daughter's would be husband she they have the right to give opinion on their choice about their would be son in law which is not legally binding on their daughter,
3. Tell the girl to marry you if she wishes to.