• Property purchase

Can a married woman purchase a property in mumbai under her maiden name?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
why not
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Yes, you can.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

A married woman enjoys the same rights which have been conferred on men. So the answer is yes.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

has your name changed after marriage ? if so there should be uniformity in all documents — be it your passport, PAN or even your investments. hence if your name has changed after marriage purchase property in your new name .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41664 Answers
2391 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer