• Passport problem

My mother's name is JYOTSNARANI KHUNTIA as per voter id, aadhar card and my all certificates(10th, 12th, etc). I made a birth certificate a week ago. But in my BIRTH CERTIFICATE it is written as JYOTSNA RANI KHUNTIA. There is an extra space. Is it going create a problem during document verification?
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from Bhubaneswar, Odisha
1) there is no spelling mistake in your birth certificate 

2) merely because there is extra spacing in name it won't create any problems in document verification 

Hi, ask the authorities to correct the Birth Certificate or otherwise you have to file a suit for Correction in Birth Certificate. 

It may be possible.

It will be better to contact the authority who issue the birth certificate and get the certificate with correct name before applying the passport.

1. This may create a problem for you when you apply for passport or a competitive exam.

2. If the name has erroneously been mentioned in your birth certificate then apply for its rectification to the Registrar of Births and Deaths.

Yes it may pose a problem as Jyotsan Rani are two names while you want it as one name kindly get it rectified before any complications arises. 

Regds, 

Adv. Payal
Payal Arora

The name is not changed or mis-spelled.  There is just a space which will hardly be noticed and ignorable.  
There is nothing to worry about it nor you have to do anything in this regard. 

It is not understood, when you already have class 10th and 12th Certificates, what was the need/requirement for making a Birth Certificate. 
As far as for getting a passport, fill the name of your mother in passport application exactly as mentioned in all the documents and there would be no problem in document verification as Aadhar Card/Voter Card and PAN card are valid proof for identification of any person.

1. Th style of the name has changed,

2. Passport athority may take objection to such change of style of her name,

3. It will be prudent on your art to arrange to correct the birth certificate since you have made it just a week ago.