• Passport problem

    My mother's name is JYOTSNARANI KHUNTIA as per voter id, aadhar card and my all certificates(10th, 12th, etc). I made a birth certificate a week ago. But in my BIRTH CERTIFICATE it is written as JYOTSNA RANI KHUNTIA. There is an extra space. Is it going create a problem during document verification?
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Bhubaneswar, Odisha
Religion: Hindu
1) there is no spelling mistake in your birth certificate 

2) merely because there is extra spacing in name it won't create any problems in document verification 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46640 Answers
2759 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, ask the authorities to correct the Birth Certificate or otherwise you have to file a suit for Correction in Birth Certificate. 
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

It may be possible.

It will be better to contact the authority who issue the birth certificate and get the certificate with correct name before applying the passport.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4875 Answers
224 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. This may create a problem for you when you apply for passport or a competitive exam.

2. If the name has erroneously been mentioned in your birth certificate then apply for its rectification to the Registrar of Births and Deaths.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes it may pose a problem as Jyotsan Rani are two names while you want it as one name kindly get it rectified before any complications arises. 


Adv. Payal
Payal Arora
Advocate, Pune
339 Answers
15 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The name is not changed or mis-spelled.  There is just a space which will hardly be noticed and ignorable.  
There is nothing to worry about it nor you have to do anything in this regard. 
T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
36769 Answers
403 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is not understood, when you already have class 10th and 12th Certificates, what was the need/requirement for making a Birth Certificate. 
As far as for getting a passport, fill the name of your mother in passport application exactly as mentioned in all the documents and there would be no problem in document verification as Aadhar Card/Voter Card and PAN card are valid proof for identification of any person.
Rajinder Kumar
Advocate, New Delhi
68 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. Th style of the name has changed,

2. Passport athority may take objection to such change of style of her name,

3. It will be prudent on your art to arrange to correct the birth certificate since you have made it just a week ago.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18741 Answers
452 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer