• Change of name

dear sir,
i am a post graduate medical student my name in class 10th certificate is VINAY KUMAR MISHRA but it changed to VINAY MISHRA from 12th class & the same name (VINAY MISHRA) appears on my MBBS degree and registration ( I dont know what the university did), my identity proof documents contain the name as on my 10th certificate as it is the basis for their issue. Now there is a discrepancy in names on my 10th certificate and my identity proof documents and that on my degree certificates and registration in such case if i have to apply for further education it is an issue. please guide me if i can change my name now or what appropriate action can be taken. thank you.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Valsad, Gujarat
yes you can ,you will be required to give a public notice and file it in department of publication,Govt Of India
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Hi, you can request your college to change the name on the basis of class 10th otherwise you have to file a suit for deceleration.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

what were you doing for so many years ? you ought to have made application to change name in xii std ceritficate within reasonable period of time . now HSC Board wont change the name unless you obtain court orders to that effect
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45468 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

CBSE Rules for Change and Correction in Name or Date of Birth


AMENDED RULE 69.1(ii):   Application for correction in name/surname will be considered only within two years of the date of declaration of result provided  the application
of the candidate is forwarded with the following documents:

(a) Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission

(b) The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.

(c) Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45468 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The rules have been culled out for your reference by ld.Mr.Sethi. 

You will need a court order to change your name now as you are well past the period within which you ought to have initiated the process for changing your name.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer