• Extra-marital affair

My brother in law is having a extra maritial affair...and his  Mom, Wife and children are suffering...  we had given him enough time to forget past and get back to his family but he is not  cooperating ....  we suspect he has go married to his girlfriend .....what should we do
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from kolhapur, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
have you got any evidence for the same, plz discuss in detail& call me
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

contact a local detective agency . gather all evidence of his extra marital affair . if he refuses to listen to reason file for divorce on grounds of adultery .

 if he has remarried during subsistence of earlier marriage you can file complaint of bigamy against him under section 494 of IPc
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
42607 Answers
2458 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file complaint of bigamy against him under section 494 of IPc
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Does the wife of your brother-in-law possess any proof of his infidelity? If no, she should contact a detective agency and gather proof of his extra marital affair and/or marriage to his girlfriend and then she may file for divorce. If he has married his girlfriend then he can be prosecuted and jailed for bigamy.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22950 Answers
623 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer