• How to appeal maintenance from wife's father's income if husband unemployed

I worked earlier in Private Sector. Now I am totally unemployed. Presently I have the burden of my old parents who never ever employed, their old age treatment, expense of 4-5 legal case, daily needs/living burden & 5,000/- p.m. to pay my wife and having only my own parental very old home. My Wife’s father is retires from a very high position in Govt. sector. He have one son & one daughter i.e. my wife. My brother-in-law is well settled with his high profile job in Govt. sector. In this situation, is there any provision to claim maintenance from my wife’s father income. Please guide me with the section no., if any.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from Howrah, West Bengal
if husband is un employed he should make an application for modification of order of maintenance passed by trial court . 

merely because your father in law has recently retired from high position is no ground to claim maintenace from him  it is the responsibility of husband to maintain his wife

it is the responsibility of husband to maintain his wife

In view of the fact that in spite of being unemployed you have unemployed old parents to support you can request the court to reduce the amount of maintenance ordered to be paid by you. Such a request merits a serious consideration at the hands of court. 

You cannot claim any maintenance from your father-in-law irrespective of him having recently retired from a high position.

the only thing you can do is only request court to reduce maintenance in such circumstrances. you can claim maintenance from your father in law

there is no way ,but only by persuasive skills

you cannot claim any maintenance  from your father in law under any circumstances .

You cannot claim a penny form your father-in-law irrespective of his riches.