Farmers Certificate from Rajasthan
We are a family of servicemen and we want to buy agricultural land in Maharashtra, we are aware that we need farmers certificate to buy agricultural plots in India.
Recently we came across an agency that promises to give farmers certificate in 30 days for Rs.60,000 with 50% upfront and remaining 50% at the back end.
Their modus operandi is as follow: They told us non-agriculturalist outsiders are allowed to buy agricultural plots in Rajasthan. They will buy 11,000 st ft agricultural land in Rajasthan in our name and on the basis of this land will create a farmers certificate in the local thesildar office. Once we get this certificate we can easily buy agricultural land anywhere in Maharashtra and rest of India. All verifcation process will be complete since we are registered farmers in the local thesildars office in Rajasthan. The total cost for this is Rs.60,000.
Is this a legitimate transaction?
Asked 2 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Hi, You being not an agriculturist you are no suppose to buy a agricultural land.
2. It is better contact a local advocate and get an opinion from him.
1)you need to be a agriculturist to buy. Agricultural land in Maharashtra
2) if you have any agricultural land in India you can buy agricultural land in Maharashtra
3) before you purchase agricultural land in Rajasthan you have to check whether title is clear and marketable
4) rather than relying on agency engage to lawyer to check whether title to agricultural land is clear and marketable
1) From your description the whole transaction looks dubious and illicit.
2) You need to be an agriculturist to legitimately purchase an agricultural land.
3)Bypass the agents and consult a local lawyer in Rajasthan if non agriculturists can buy agricultural land in Rajasthan before you take any steps. To my mind it is illegitimate.
1. This seems dubious. Farmers certificate, wherever the family is an agricultural family, is given by the DC and not agencies. You should be careful that the agency is not a fraud lest you end up being duped.
2. It does not appear to be a legitimate transaction.
The proposal itself is an illegal arrangement between you and the so called broker. There are various such illegal brokers who may turnout to be fake after taking the initial amount too.
First of all it is surprising that how you ask this question that whether this transaction is a legitimate one?, Dont you understand that this a fraudulent and cheating act?,
Legally this is not tenable, if the authorities become aware of fraudulent transactions were done to avail a wrongful gains, the entire investment will be at stake.
Take wise decision when you can take one.