• Do not have a permanent address for police verification

i and my family are living on rent and do not have a permanent address . there are four members in my family -  me , my wife ( she has a permanent address ) and my two sons . my parents are dead and they bought me up in a rented house . now every three to four year i change my house ( due to job change and many other reasons ) . i have all documents like voter id card , driving license, pan card , credit cards , bank accounts  on previous address where i was rented before etc . now i want to know that when a police verification is done they say you need a permanent address . how can i verify myself . 

- karan
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from New Delhi, Delhi
1) you have to mention your current and permanent address in your application form 

2)police verification will be done at both current and permanent address 

3)if you don't have any permanent address mention your in laws address as permanent address 
1. There is no requirement of a permanent address.

2. When the police verification is conducted you can show your rent agreement as documentary proof of your residence. A rented accommodation is as good as an owned accommodation for the purpose of police verification.
1) As you do not have a permanent address, for the purpose of police verification you need to mention that where you stay currently is both permanent and current address. 

2) Alternately for the purpose of communication and verification state that your wife's address is your permanent address as well.

3) Provide a sworn affidavit to the police stating you have always lived at rented places and provide copies of all your ids that you have with different addresses.

4) Seek directive from the authority seeking such verification.
What is the need for police verification now? Police will not insist on permanent address.  Nobody can insist on anyone to have a permanent address, it is not possible for everyone to have a permanent address.  The tenants can always shift their residence and their addresses get changed accordingly.  In fact you query is very vague without background details while asking for opinion from lawyers here. 
Who told you that you need to have a permanent address?, the address what you have in your identity cards will be sufficient for the present, if you plan to shift, you may produce the new address in the form of rental agreement or any other authenticated documentary evidence. You need not worry about the permanent address crisis. 
mention all the details in verification form regarding your addresses.