• Can POA holder register title to himself

Sir, As a POA holder can I register title to myself as Owner not willing to register the title on me is there any citations to this subject as Owner demanding some money to register title to me. My question is POA can register title to himself if so is there any citation?
Asked 3 months ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Telangana

Yes, there are so many instances wherein POA got property registered in his own name. There are so many citations validating such transfers. Let the others challenge such transfer and it will take years together to cancel the same.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru

Is the POA duly registered 

2) on basis of registered POA you can execute sale deed in your favour 

as a POA holder you can register sale deed in your name provided there is a power given in the POA in your favour to execute and register such sale deed on behalf of the owner

also the above can be done provided the owner has not revoked your POA

Yusuf Rampurawala

This is my response to you:

1. Yes you can do the same;

2. The POA holder can transfer title to himself;

3. Power of attorney holder has legal right and can sell,alienate and transfer the questioned property to any one;

4. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Gowaal Padavi

Power of attorney holder can register the property in his own name, if the power of attorney is registered and POA expressly permits the holder to execute sale deed in favour of any person on behalf of the owner.

Siddharth Jain

It depends on the averments in poa and why it was given.  

Is this POA registered and with consideration ? mean in exchange of money ? Well, as per law, person can trasfer the property to himself.

If power of attorney is there and the consideration is paid to owner then you can register property to.yourself using such Power of attorney.

If the POA holder has been empowered to registrar the property in favour of any body for and on behalf of thge executant of the POA, then he can registrar the title deed in his favour following other aspects of law. 

if poa registered then you can execute sale deed. 

No the POA can not register the title to himself as he is authorized to sell the land to others. 

share the copy of the POA with some lawyer in order to get more concrete advise on the said issue. 

Regardss 

If you have been given a registered POA to sell the property then there is no legal infirmity  in executing a registered sale deed to yourself by yourself.

The authorization to sell the immovable property by the principal vide the said registered POA deed  do not restrict you to sell the property to anyone including yourself.

Hence you do not have to wait for his consent or permission for doing this act.

No, it can't be registered as a title owner, but you can transfer the title to other family members of yours if POA is registered for sale deed.

Dear Client 

power of attorney agent is not barred by law to sell the property unto himself by following proper procedures.

Passing of sales consideration is important, and if that is not disputed, the execution of sale deed by a POA agent to himself as a buyer is legally valid.

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak