• Do kids of divorced parents have share in ancestral property

Dear Advocate

I want to know that do any kid of divorced couple has a share on ancestral property from father's side when he/she already got property from his/her father before his death.

If yes, then what is the clause and how I can get my share.

Also please let me know how I can create bigger share?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Chandigarh, Chandigarh
The rights of a child in ancestral property do not cease to exist after the legal separation of his parents. Inheriting the property of his/her father prior to his death also does not disqualify him/her from claiming his share in the ancestral property. 

The share can be culled out by filing a case for partition in court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can file suit for partition
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

please explain on what basis you say it is ancestral property . please note that if it is your grand father self acquired property duly inherited by your father  it will not be regarded as ancestral property . you have no right on said property  during your father lifetime  .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please elaborate regarding ancestral property.  Is it your grand father's or great grand father's property which you are referring to as ancestral property.  Based on your reply, the correct status of your question can be answered.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1665 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It has been suitably answered above by the first colleague.
Tulika Prakash
Advocate, Gurgaon
113 Answers
77 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer