Will name difference create a problem in government exams?
My name is S Nitin in all the certificates viz. 10th and 12th mark sheets, but in graduation it is Nitin S.
Will it create a problem during document verification in any of the government examinations as it is misplacement of initials?
Hoping to get a detailed reply.
Asked 1 year ago in Civil Law from Faridabad, Haryana
Don't worry about the placement of names and initials . S Nthin and Nithin S are alike .If you have any doubt get a certificate for one and same person from Village officer
1) you can make application to University for correction of errors in your graduation certificate
2) it appears to be mere misplacement of initials and should not cause any problem but it is better to err on side of caution and get it rectified
I asked my university , they said that it is University norms to put initials in the end .
And also said that they would definitely help me out if there is any problem by issuance of a certificate stating that so and so has studied here.
Is it necessary to go further and get an affidavit of one and same person or else wise get the all the certificates(graduation) corrected even if it is said so that initial misplacement not a big problem as the actual name is the same. ???
Asked 1 year ago
It usually doesnt create any trouble but to be on safer side, it is advisable that an application for change of name be made to the graduation college. the misplacement of the initials can be explained however it would be in the best interest to get the mistake rectified.
1) since university has clarified it is university norms to put initials in the end it wont create any problems for you
2)it is not necessary to prepare an affidavit that they are one and same person
If you have a certificate of one and same person will save you in future contingencies if arrived.
it may create problem in future as the passport authority may raise a question regarding the discrepancies of the name and initial, even if there is any spelling mistake or discrepancies in the name, it will be better to changed your name by correction in universities documents.
Advocate, New Delhi
1. It may create a problem as the babus who scrutinize the documents are known to fume over any discrepancy in the documents.
2. You have two options-Either you may execute an affidavit attested by an executive officer stating that S Nitin and Nitin S is one and the same person. This should then be published in a regional newspaper, or you may proceed to take the requisite steps to have your name S Nitin incorporated in your graduation certificate. To this end you may apply to the university to carry out the rectification. If the rectification is denied then you may go to court and seek court orders to the university.
1. The university may not live up to its words, or it may take months to honour its promise made in words.
2. You should execute an affidavit to state that both are same person.