• BLRO mutation certificate

My brother wants to sell his flat at Mahamayatala Garia for which he has mutation in his name and paying tax regularly to Rajpur - Sonarpur municipality. The purchaser insisting for BLRO Mutation Certificate which he does not have. Is this document mandetory?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
Religion: Hindu
Once the property is registered under Municiaplity then BLRO certificate is not ncessary. 
Has the area been governed under Panchayat then such certificate would have needed.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12574 Answers
162 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Not mandatory to sell the property, mutation is lengthy process in BL&LRO .Please contact with another purchaser.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
384 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1) flat has already been mutated in his name 

2) BLR0 certificate is not mandatory requirement 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44466 Answers
2585 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In your case the mutation is effected in your brother's name. So BL RO is not necessary.  For selling a land only Certified Extract from the record of rights also called Porcha (CS, RS or LR) or JLRO/BLRO (Junior Land Revenue Office / Block Land Revenue Office) Mutation  OR Certificate of Information from the LA Collectorate is required 
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2758 Answers
44 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If your brother possesses the sale deed and mutation certificate then the title can pass safely to the buyer. BLRO mutation certificate is not required.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer