• Question on rental agreement

I would like to know about,If No rent agreement between tenant and owner of property.Is tenant liable for any lose/Damage's of property.
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Panipat, Haryana
Religion: Hindu
The payment for loss and damages out of user of tenanted property is implied for which so separate agreement is required to be written. All Rent Acts provides such protection to landlords even if such clause is mentioned in the rent agreement for not.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12577 Answers
162 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If there is no rent agreement then how would you prove that he even occupied your property.

2. Without a rent agreement it will a colossal waste of time and money to go to court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Landlord must be issuing rent receipts to tenant in respect of rent paid to the landlord 

2) Tenant would be liable in case any damage is caused to property 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44485 Answers
2586 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, when there is no agreement in writing he is not liable to pay the damages caused due to normal wear and tear.

2. But some damages caused by the tenant which is done by his usage of the premises then he is liable to pay the damages. 
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4538 Answers
202 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1) The tenant being in occupation of the premises will be liable to loss/damage to the property as it can be alleged that the occupation is illegal and the damage was deliberate.

2) Therefore it would be advisable to settle the matter amicably.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2233 Answers
110 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Verbal agreement is also valid agreement if its existance can be proved,

2. If it can not be proved that there was no agreement, be it verbal or written, between the land lord and the Occupier, then he/she can claim that he/she was not a Tenant but was licensed to live therein,

3. In the above event he need not pay for any damage of the building caused during ordinary use of the building.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18164 Answers
439 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer