• Section 151 police help in joint property

Can under 151 police help can be granted in joint property to maintain status quo order
Asked 4 months ago in Civil Law from Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh

O 39 Rule 1 & 2 read with sec 151 CPC.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
13088 Answers
15 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0


If the court passes an order for Status Quo and the other party disobeys that order then he is liable for contempt proceeding against him. 

You dont require any police help for maintaining status quo.

Archit Vasudeva
Advocate, New Delhi
82 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

you have to file civil suit seek court to direct maintenance of status quo pending hearing and final disposal of suit 


Court can issue directions to police and local authorities or officers concerned to ensure the compliance of its ad interim injunction order directing parties to maintain status quo, and it is obligatory for the State authorities to comply..........

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
66758 Answers
4037 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You will have to file a suit for injunction and police help can be provided if either of the party is not abiding by the order of the court. 



Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
16907 Answers
259 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See in case there is civil court order and there is breach then for same police will not help without the order of court if there is breach file a contempt petition before the court.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
19206 Answers
75 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Police cannot help you in maintaining status of the property without an order of the court stating so.

If the opposite party is violating the order of the court, you will have to file a contempt of court petition against them for violating the orders of the court willfully. After that the court will take steps to maintain it's order of status quo and also penalise the Opposite party for the disobedience.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
4720 Answers
52 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If there is breach of order of maintaining status quo then police help can be sought for to maintain the sanctity of order.

2. To get the police help to maintain the order , the petitioner can file petition u/s 151 cpc.

3. In such cases the court which passed the order of injunction is likely to pass such order. 

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
17780 Answers
251 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you need to take directions of the court in the same

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
12732 Answers
22 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Dear client 

Yes court can order police under section 151 CrPC to maintain peace when there are chances of some quarrel to took place. 

Mohit Kapoor
Advocate, Rohtak
3442 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Yes, why not go to the police commissioner office and get the order received ,appropriate orders shall be passed by the PC.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
1770 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

You can seek the assistance of police to enforce the court order of status quo if the other party is violating the court order.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
56549 Answers
695 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer