• Bail in IPC 120(b), 302

Dear Sir,

   Please inform how much chances of bail in HC ? after life imprisonment (14 years) given in supari case under IPC 302, 120(b). Already my father is inside the jail from 5 years 7 months. Judgement given in session court before 3 days. In case it is not proved at all of planning only on base of motive imprisonment given is it right ?

  Please give me reply,
Asked 3 years ago in Criminal Law from surat, Gujarat
Religion: Hindu
File an appeal before HC against the conviction order, the bail may be grant on the based of the order.

contact a lawyer personally with the court order and documents. or contact over the phone after pay the consultation fee which is very nominal
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4796 Answers
220 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

 Your father should  file appeal in high court and apply for suspension of the  sentence and conviction till the hearing of the appeal in high court.

The high court will hear the sentence suspension application while admitting the appeal, since he was in jail  court will grant him bail till the disposal of the appeal.

There is a good chance for bail 

hope that your advocate is taking steps to file the appeal as early as possible 
Thresiamma G. Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
1510 Answers
134 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Whether or not there is a chance to procure bail and suspension of the order during pendency of the appeal will heavily depend on the verdict passed by the Court of Sessions.

2) Move an appeal in the High Court and file for appeal stating that the accused has already undergone nearly 8 years in jail.Without seeing the verdict it is difficult to form any opinion on it.
S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
2229 Answers
110 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. The chances depend on the merits of the case. There is no straight jacket formula. 

2. However, in view of the fact that it is a murder case the chances are very little. 

3. If he believes the judgment of the lower court is wrong then he can always challenge it in the higher court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22966 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer