• Completion Certificate for property

We have bought a flat in 1997 and have shifted in 2009. in 2011 we got our stamp duty paid, however we later realised that we are not receiving our property tax bills so i went to the pmc office to inquire. they informed me that since our flat number was not given in the completion certificate issued by the builder we did not receive the property tax bills and i need to obtain the same from the builder. our completion certificate was made in the year 1995 and includes all flat numbers except ours when approached the builder to issue the same they too were wondering how this was possible and told me they will look into it. it has been two months i am repeatedly following up with the builder but they are not replying. what is it that i need to do?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Pune, Maharashtra
Religion: Other
1) issue legal notice to builder to obtain completion certificate in respect of your flat 

2) if builder fails to do so move consumer forum against builder for deficiency in services and seek orders to direct builder to obtain completion certificate within a stipulated period of 3 months . 
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45648 Answers
2683 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to file a complaint against the builder for deficiency of service as he has fail to provide completion certificate.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. You should issue a lawyer's notice to the builder calling upon him to perform his duty to issue a fresh ex post facto completion certificate which has your flat number.

2. If the notice from your lawyer fails to produce the desired result then you may move to court and seek judicial directions to him to do the needful.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The completion certificate is considered to be the ultimate document that the building company
requires to fully occupy the building and connect it to utilities. Completion certificate shows that the building construction is done as per the plan which was approved by the concerned authorities. And after getting this, occupancy certificate will be given to all buyers so that they can take possession of their homes.Send a legal notice to the builder to obtain completion certificate . If he is not turned up then  file a complaint against the builder for deficiency of service as he has fail to provide completion certificate before consumer forum  
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
2768 Answers
47 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It is advisable to issue a legal notice to the Builder to give the flat number. if the builder fails to do so, move the consumer court for deficiency in service against the builder. 
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Send a legalnotice to the builder to issue completition certificate to you to enable yu to pay the property tax and clearly mentioning therein that you will not pay the prperty tax with retrospactive effect,

2. Send a copy of the said letter to the department which isue tax bill,

3. The builder will now issue the completition certificate otherwise he has to pay the property tax for your flat.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18518 Answers
449 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer