• Buying agricultual land with agricultural certificate copy

I am not from a agricultural background and my income is more than 2lacs. One of the property agent mentioned that I can buy agri land in Karnataka using the Agriculture Certificate Copy obtained from Tahsildar. In order to get the certificate he asked me to contact local Tahsildar and state in the application that none of my family or forefathers have an RTC and hence issue certificate to buy agri land for farming. 

I just want to know from the experts whether I can buy the agri land using the certificate and whether it stands in court of law in case of any dispute.
Thanks,
harish
Asked 1 year ago in Property Law from Bengaluru, Karnataka
1. No body can buy agricultural land in karnataka who is not an agriculturist having income of less than Rs.2 lakhs,

2. If you are not an agriculturist how can you get a certificate from the Tehshilder  certifying you as an agricultrist of from agricultural back ground?

3. Even if you manage to get one such certificate, that may be challenged letar on rendering your said purchase as invalid,

4. So, it will not be prudent to buy a piece of Agricultural land at Karnataka with such false certificate.
Agricultural land can be bought in Karnataka after fulfilling certain requirements.

1) The annual average income of the person including agricultural income should be less than Rs 2 lakhs.

2) The person must have had an agricultural land in his name before the year 1974. The person should be an agriculturist or an agricultural worker by profession.

3) No objection certificate from the Tahsildar
government permission in specified cases (like purchase of agricultural lands by people other than agriculturists and agricultural workers)

4) Section 79 A&B endorsements:

These are issued by the Tahsildar. These endorsements certify that there are no cases against the person owning the agricultural land, and whether he is an agriculturist or not, conforming to the prescriptions of Section 79 A&B of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act 1961 

5) in your case since income is more than 2 lakhs you cannot buy agricultural land 
1.  To purchase agricultural land in Karnataka the non-agricultural income of the purchaser who must be an agriculturist should not exceed Rs 2 lakhs per year.  Agricultural land can be used only for agricultural purposes and no other purposes. As per Karnataka Land Reforms Act, if any one who is not from Agriculture background wants to buy an agriculture [Wet/Dry] land can approach the D.C for their intention to become agriculturist.  If they fulfill the requirements [Documents, Intention to become Agriculturist etc] then D.C will give permission to buy A, B or C Class Agriculture Land. 

2. Since you do not meet the basic criteria of having non-agricultural income not more than 2 lakhs this makes you in-eligible to purchase agricultural land under the Karntaka land refroms act.
A. In Karnataka, If would like to purchase agricultural land that your income shall not exceed more than 2 lakh and either you or your ancestor must be an agriculturist as per the Section 79 A and B of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act.

B. Even though if you purchase the Agricultural land based on your agent advice video following his advice that your property liable to confiscate from the Government by initiating proceedings under the violation of the Land Reforms Act.

C. However, you are eligible to purchase plantation crop based agricultural land  or Converted land from agricultural to non agricultural.
Hi, as per the Section 79, A & B of the Karnataka Land Reforms act you can not buy a agricultural land and your income other then Non- Agricultural Source is more than 2 lacks from 5 consecutive financial year.