• Brother-in-law is drinking and making my sister mad


My Brother-in-law working in private concern.. Last one year his activity is not good and drink addict.. My sister is weak hearted. She warn him many time and at last now he make him mad because of depression. My father once told to give some property(house) to him as gift. (He once insulted my parents and get forced get them out of his house). We dont like to give the property..We planned to give him the gift after 15 year but he torturing us. Please suggest us what we have to do now.. please help me.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
Religion: Hindu
if she wants she can file complaint under DV act for the violence committed by her husband
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

best option is for your sister to file for divorce if her husband is a drunkard and dosent take care of her .   your sister can claim maintenance  and other relief's in the divorce petition . dont make the mistake of gifting any property to her husband . he would sell the same to meet his drinking needs
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41425 Answers
2372 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

best way to file a case under DV ACT & claim all the relief from him including maintenance
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Your sister may apply for divorce on the ground of spousal cruelty by her husband. She can claim maintenance and compensation for the agony suffered by her.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer