• Withdraw complaint under IPC Section 379

FIR made by a person against the stolen of Jewelry. Complainant mention the name of suspected person (maid servant, cook etc.) in the FIR. A notice served by the A.C.J upon the complainant for appearing before the court (a fixed date and time mentioned) for providing him an opportunity to be heard at the time of consideration of the 'Final Report' submitted by the I.O. Now the complainant withdraw the case or withdraw the complaint. What is the procedure for withdrawing the case or complaint?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
nothing complainant has to pray before court for exceptance of F R.
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

complainant can make a statement in the court to that effect
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

In some cases Sec.379 IPC is a Compoundable Offence ,so the complainant can file a petition u/sec.320 CR.P.C. in the Court by serving a copy to the Public Prosecutor.
.where the value of property stolen does not exceed two thousand rupees then owner of the property can file and more amount it is duly permission of the Court.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
388 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Let the complainant withdraw the case by making a statement in court to this fact.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer