• Renewing passport but no permanent address in India for 1 year

Hello, I was living abroad for 6 years and now back in India. As soon as I arrived, I got accepted into school in America so I need to file a renewal for my passport because it is expiring this month. I want to be able to go in the fall. How do I renew my passport if I am living with relatives and don't have a permanent address? I do have a bank passbook but I just opened that up this month! Help!
Asked 2 years ago in Constitutional Law from United States
1) what is the address mentioned in your expired passport .?

2)you must be having a  Bank account with   Nationalized Bank use the updated  Bank Statement for the last one year,as address proof 

3)Water Bills, Electricity Bills, Telephone Bills, Gas Connection Documents are valid address proofs . when you stayed in india you must have electricity connection , telephone connection use that as address proof 

3) mention the address mentioned therein as your permanent address . 

1. With permission of your relatives, if it is their own house, give that address as the permanent address.
2. Take a DL from R.T.O. showing your present address where you are staying with your relatives.
3. After issue of DL in your name, the address in it can be shown as proof of permanent address.
4. You can also use the bank passbook wherein the address is mentioned and that can be shown as the permanent address.

your identity is verified when passport is issued. in the renewal of passport no need to mention your ls address. apply for renewal before Assistant Passport Officer and give an affidavit that you have not been residing on the address mentioned in the passport from some years and provide information about living abroad. 

stipulated period of stay at any place in India   is not required by the law for  permanent address of Indian citizen it is required only for foreign citizens who want to acquire Indian citizenship.  give address of your relatives and mention about your relation with them by an affidavit is sufficient for renewal of passport. 

1. How did you open your savings or current account in the bank? You must have furnished some address in your account opening form.

2. What is the address mentioned on your voter card, aadhar card and the passport?

3. If you do not live anymore at the address mentioned on your passport then you may take a rented accommodation and apply for passport renewal with that address. The rent agreement can be furnished as address proof.