• Marked absent in competitive examination

I appeared for sub inspector examination in Jammu and Kashmir Police in the year 2010. when the result was declared, i was marked absent which is not true as i appeared for written test, attempt my questionnaire, signed on attendance sheet. Now, after three years, department is claiming that after signing on my attendance list, i left examination due to the nature call alongwith my answer sheet. what shall i do.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
try to take the mater with the SSC ,i really do not know whether they keep the answer sheet after declaration  of result

file RTi application as to on what basis you have been marked as absent particularly so when you have signed attendance sheet and written test paper

Who conducted the examination. Whether it is State Public Service Commission or the Department itself. Then approach the concerned officials and try to find out the reason for marking you as absent, inspite of your signing attendance sheet and written test paper.  If it does not work then file RTI application.

If you had signed the attendance sheet then you could not be marked 'absent'. Apply under RTI for a copy of attendance sheet.