• I want divorce

I got married on April 8 2015 to my relative. I dont like him and i was fighting against this marriage for  past three years. Due to my parents emotional blackmail i have accepted. The guy even knows that i hate him. He married me for family prestige and doesnt want to give divorce now. I want to come out of this forced marriage. This guy knows everything and inspite forcing me to live with him. I lost my carrer due to this marriage. Please tell me if i can get divorce without the boys concern. I cant stay here any more
Asked 1 year ago in Family Law from Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh
1)you have stated that you married your relative . how are you related to him ? please clarify 

2) you cannot file for divorce unless period of 1 year has elapsed from date of your marriage  except in exceptional  circumstances 

3)if your husband refuses to divorce you then you have long legal battle ahead 

4) contested divorce proceedings take 5 years to be disposed of 
1) you have to file for divorce on grounds recognised by Hindu Marriage act 

2) notice would be issued to your husband 

3)case would be referred for counselling . objective being to save the marriage 

4) your husband has to file his reply to divorce petition . 

5) evidence has to be led by both parties . 

6) evidence has to be tested in cross examination 

7) divorce would be granted if allegations made in petition are proved 
1. You have married her legally. If anybody had forced you to marry him, you should have lodged a police complaint against him/her/them,

2. "The guy even knows that i hate him"  is no ground to seek a decree of divorce from him,

3. In fact from your query I do not find any ground for divorce,

4. However, you can negotiate with him and file a mutual consent divorce petition after one year of your marriage,

5. If he does not agree for MCD, you can file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty with supportive evidence. 
 You need to have evidence in support of your ground shown for seeking the decree of divorce.
1. Audio record some of the conversation with him which can be termed as cruelty on you,

2. Based on this evidence, file a divorce petition after one year of completion of your marriage.
1. You have to file for nullity of marriage to get out of the matrimonial alliance which has been brought in inception against your wish.

2. Your husband will be given a chance to rebut your case. However, the court can grant you divorce in spite of his opposition.

3. You are free to move out of the house wherein you are residing with your husband.
1. The procedure begins by engaging a lawyer and filing the case.

2. Your solitary statement may suffice.
Immediately file a annulment petition before family court for annul this marriage because this marriage is solemnized under pressure and force under section 12 of Hindu Marriage act will be applicable.

there is no specific time
Hi, as the marriage is not completed with in one year you can not file a divorce petition before completion of 1 year.

2. You can file a petition on the ground that void marriage under section 12 of the Hindu Marriage Act, as the consent for the marriage has been obtained by force. 

3. You have to file a petition for void marriage within 1 year.