• Credit card repayment

hi i am sonu gurnani resident of delhi i was using one standard charted bank credit card in the year 2002 and it was blocked in the year 2003 it was made at my faridabad address and later i switched over my job & residence to delhi. since then nobody has made any claim for that money now some sanjeev claiming to be from bank is trying to settle down the dues of bank

i want to know that whether bank can claim the money or not moreover with what legalities they can bother me.
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Delhi, Delhi
If you have taken credit facilities then you have to pay the Bank.Now,you can ignore the unknown man and talk direct with the Bank for settlement of your account.Generally Bank does not prefer to file a case against the Credit Card holder for lengthy process,but they can take legal action against you.
Minansu Bhadra
Advocate, Kolkata
386 Answers
28 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Have you been issued a legal notice by a lawyer of the bank? Unless and until you are issued a legal notice do not bother about anything. If legal notice is issued then let the bank take out recovery proceedings against you, which you can contest by taking multiple defences.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23092 Answers
639 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) claim of bank is barred by limitation . 
2) i presume you have not signed any letter acknowledging your   liability  after default occurred in 2003
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46638 Answers
2757 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

do not bother about anything ,you are not required to do any thing
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Bank can not claim the debt now after 11 years. as said above, being time barred.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
569 Answers
170 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer