• Wrong commitment by Bajaj Finserve and cheating

Dear Sir,
 I lost 20000/- to Bajaj Finserve. A financial NBFC company, owing to the wrong commitment given by them verbally.
They promised me verbally good things and hidden the ugly matters.
Based on trust, on the name of bajaj, I signed the documents of Personal Loan.
By this way, they duped 20000/- rupees without using any single penny of personal loan.

On Document, they are OK, which I signed due to trust.
Sir, How can I recover my lost 20000/-

Asked 1 year ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

See.if on documents they are correct even if you go to correct you will lose money in litigation only as oral promise cannot be proved.

Then also if you wish you can complaint before the banking ombudsman.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25182 Answers
103 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If any commitments were made orally and not reduced to writing you should not have availed personal loan 


2) if you have availed personal loan terms and conditions of loan agreement are binding upon you 


3) your chances of recovery of Rs 20000 are bleak 


4) litigation costs would far outweigh money sought to be recovered by you 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
76900 Answers
4620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You may sue the Bajaj Finservice for giving wrong information and indulging in unfair trade practices. You may ask refund of your loss and compensation for damages. The first step would be to sending a legal notice followed by filing of the case. 

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, NEW DELHI
5376 Answers
10 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If you signed a Document then you cannot sue bajaj finserve company. 


Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
17290 Answers
11 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. It is not clear whether there is documentary evidence with regard to payment of such money to the Bajaj Finserve.

2. if that is so then you can file a case before the consumer forum seeking full refund along with interest in addition to damages and compensation.

3. Once you establish payment to a NBFC the lack of repayment is enough fasten them with the liability of deficiency of service.

4. verbal agreement is also a valid piece of agreement.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
20751 Answers
296 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You can make complain against Fin company in the Consumer Forum and with RBI portal regarding all your issues.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
10681 Answers
94 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Please file immediately a case before Consumer Court for deficiency in service.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2065 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Get issue a legal notice and approach Consumer Forum.  If possible threaten them to go to Social channels.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
4953 Answers
26 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Question details are not suffice to understand the complain. More over how you pay money ? For what you pay money ? What are the conditions not clear. So due to insufficient details I cant reply properly.

Sunil Joshi
Advocate, Vadodara
8 Answers

Not rated

Immediately send them a legal notice claiming refund of your Rs. 20,000/-

Appears that you have been tricked as a result of which you had to cough up this amount.

Contact a local lawyer. 

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9055 Answers
166 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0



Share the documents.

If the documents are in your favor and before the court we can prove our case that we have been cheated or without our permission some amount has been deducted then you can file a case. 

Meet a lawyer with the documents so that the appropriate and concrete advise can be rendered. 


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17788 Answers
296 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No way trust come into picture as only paper speaks. It is your fault , to fall on the trap laid by them.

G Suresh
Advocate, Chennai
394 Answers
5 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

If you are aggrieved by their deceitful activity you may gather evidence for this deceit and first issue a legal notice demanding your amount.

If they fail to comply with the demand made or there is no response you may drag them either to the consumer forum for relief and remedy including compensation for mental agony or can file a recovery suit in a civil court. 

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
66905 Answers
884 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you can approach the consumer court for deficiency in service or file cheating complaint against them in criminal law but as it is verbal the same is very difficult to prove in court of law

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
20526 Answers
38 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer