• Love affair

I had an affair with my housemaid and gave financial assistance in building her house which she promised to pay back later. Now she is denying to pay the money back and threatened to expose the affair to my wife and did the same. I am a government employee. My wife has almost lost her patience and is not ready to stay with me. She even threatens me to suicide. What should I do with the situation?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mandsaur, Madhya Pradesh
forget the money . take a transfer and get out of your maid clutches . beg forgiveness from your wife . take your wife to some psychiatrist
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41642 Answers
2391 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

what does your wife wants now,is she interested in living with you or not,she has this problem with because of this issue or there is some other issue,kindly explain
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

please focus on your wife rather than the maid and money. you have been paying her money, in a way for your sexual gratification, not as a loan. best to forget the money. in case, she threatens to go to the police, you will need to take appropriate measures.
Tulika Prakash
Advocate, Gurgaon
113 Answers
77 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You dug your own grave by having en extra marital affair with your wife. Now you have to prioritize either your wife or money that you lent to your maid. Sanity requires that you forget money and save your marriage. If your maid files a police complaint against you then you will be in deep trouble, more so as in view of the fact that you are a government servant.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, i think it is better forget your money. and you have to pay for your mistake.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

hello,  you should not think money, Forget it and try to get rid of all these.
Amit Tyagi
Advocate, Meerut
2 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer