• Birth certificate

How can we get a birth certificate for a girl  living in Bombay but born in a village of Chhattisgarh

you can contact me on afipe2012@yahoo.fr
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bombay, Maharashtra
Religion: Muslim
Apply to the Registrar of Births and Deaths in the district where she was born.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you will have to apply the concern municipal departemnt along with the registration details of the hospital in which she was born
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

you have to apply for birth  certificate in Chattisgarh only in district wherein she  was born
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41608 Answers
2389 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Birth Certificates can be obtained only from Chattisgarh after submitting an application for obtaining duplicate birth certificate from the concerned Municipal corporation of the district where she was born.
Shaveta Chaudhary (Sanghi)
Advocate, Chandigarh
829 Answers
60 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Birth certificate will be provided only in the place where the child born.  Contact the local municipal authorities and submit a form prescribed.
Girish H.T
Advocate, Bengaluru
21 Answers
2 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

nothing left to add
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Since you are saying she was born in a village, go to the office which maintains family registers, in the village. from that register you can get details showing the birth of your daughter in concerned village. In State like U.P., villages have what you call Kutumb Register(family register). if she was born in some hospital or nursing home they shall also be maintaining a record and can issue a certificate. Municipal records are maintained in districts as stated by my other colleagues.
Tulika Prakash
Advocate, Gurgaon
113 Answers
77 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer