• Compensation for facing false matrimonial case filed by wife

Wife filed a matrimonial case against the husband and got awarded interim maintenance. Finally the petition came to be dismissed in favour of the husband. Whether the husband can recover the interim maintenance paid to wife?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
Religion: Hindu
yes husband can recover by filing in the same court which awarded
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

interim maintenance was paid as per court orders . he need not pay further maintenance but money already paid to wife as per court directions cant be recovered
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41406 Answers
2370 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the case has been dismissed then husband is absolved of his liability to pay any further amount to wife, but the amount already paid cannot be recovered.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if case is dismissed it means no future maintenance is granted. but already paid can not be recovered as court has not ordered for same
Avdhesh Chaudhary
Advocate, Greater Noida
565 Answers
20 Consultations

3.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer