• Breach of agreement

I have taken franchise of a Brand in which there was cost protection/minimum gaurantee and lock in of 30 months w.e.f. oct 2017. But company is not paying cost pretoction since March 17 and has terminated agreement suo moto before lock in period.
Asked 5 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers


send a legal notice to them and thereafter file a civil suit for breach of contract and claim compensation thereof.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18064 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

There must be remedy in agreement in case of default by either party ( Dispute Resolution or alike ) . Enforce that.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22472 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Sir, kindly note that in the above facts and circumstances mentioned by you, it is accordingly advised to you that as per the agreement between you and the company, the company should be compelled to perform their part of the contract or to compensate you in terms of damages (money).

You should file a suit for specific performance of the agreement or damages in terms of recovery of money as compensation.  

Mayank Sapre
Advocate, New Delhi
256 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Sir file a civil suit claiming damages from the second party give a legal notice for your damages and f they fail the suit needs to be filed.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You can file case against company for breach of contract and ask for compensation as per the agreement.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12898 Answers
250 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can issue a legal notice through an advocate and file a complaint in consumer forum against company .

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19298 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Remedy lies with you to challenge the termination. Issue a Legal Notice to the company, and in 30 days sue the company for your Rights. 


If court thinks fit it passes a stay order in favor or the applicant.

Amol Chitravanshi
Advocate, Delhi
279 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

U can file a case against them.

Siddharth Kinra
Advocate, Rohtak
8 Answers

Not rated

Issue legal notice to company to pay minimum guarantee amount and claim damages for breach of contract 


2) it is necessary to peruse agreement to advice further 


3)contact a local lawyer 

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
93548 Answers
7262 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to send a legal notice to the concerned company in the instant matters and put forth your demands before them so that they may be addressed.

File a suit for breach of contract incase do don't do the needful despite your legal notice

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9534 Answers
299 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

if it has arbitration clause you can initiate arbitration. else you can file suit for breach of contract.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
31133 Answers
162 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

You can take legal action by first issuing a legal notice demanding the compensation for the losses you suffered and then drag them to the consumer forum for relief and remedy

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
83745 Answers
2062 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer