Facts of the case:
1) Wife's family includes her father, mother and brother. Belongs to an upper middle class family. Brother got married in december 2012. They stay in Hyderabad.
2) I married my wife in november 2009 and have been staying in Mumbai ever since. I am an IIT-IIM graduate and have been earning well to lead an independent life with my wife.
3) Brother in law's wife started behaving abnormally after marriage and has started demanding assets in my mother-in-law's name to be transferred to her name. In-laws refused. She moved out of the house in November 2013 and demanded a settlement of 3 Cr. In-laws refused again.
4) No dowry given by her. Jewellery of 800 gms gifted by my in-laws to her during wedding.
498A - FIR filed against FIL, MIL, BIL, Me and my wife. Summary of FIR:
1) Falsely indicated that Me and my wife stay with my Inlaws. I have been staying in different city entirely. My wife is pursuing MD gynaecology in a different city.
2) Accusation that all the accused tortured her, demanded dowry in the form of jewellery etc.
3) Falsely indicated in the FIR that the 800 gms of gold gifted by in-laws was dowry provided by their family.
4) Falsely indicated that she gave 5 laks to my FIL to purchase a car. FIL has 5 cars in total and doesnt need 5 lakhs to buy a car.
5) Falsely indicated that she gave Honda Activa as dowry. FIL brought 3 Activas for the servants.
6) Falsely indicated that me and my wife demanded 1 lakh as dowry from her. The tax that I pay every year is many times more than 1 lakh. Atrocious accusation.
Currently under anticipatory bail. Will be grateful if any of the knowledgeable persons here can give my guidance on the way forward.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
firstly do not worry you will get anticiaptory bail,its a matter of settlement you and your wife ,recently i have obtained an anticibatory bail the contents of which you can see on www,districtcourt.nic.in once you open this site click daily order then place date as 27/3/2014 ,court of ASJ, S K Agarwal in that see case of state vs chanchal nirwan.
iam giving this detail to you to have an idea on what basis can you get bail,just see this and if you have any question you can mail me
Advocate, New Delhi
Since all of you have already been granted anticipatory bail you should heave a sigh of relief as the sword of arrest does not hang over your head any more now. Now it is all about facing the trial and proving your innocence. She shall have to prove all her accusations as her statement will not be considered a gospel truth by court. You must have engaged a lawyer. He will chart out your defence.
as answered now u did not to bother for arrest. u can fight your case on merits . it is very difficult to prove false accussations
Advocate, Greater Noida
fight the case on merit, contact a lawyer personally with all documents it will be better for best advise
Advocate, New Delhi