• My grandfather's property

Dear sir,

My grand father is of unsound mind, my grand father's guardian who is my grand mother gave GPA to my grand fathers brother to use my grand father right in their father property and same was used and properties were sold and some were transferred to his family members and further partition deed was executed and some properties were given to us but ultimately we got only some 10% of property but now feel we should get another 40% of property. We didn't get any proceeds of properties sold through GPA .
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
once grand mother   as guardian had executed GPA then holder was entitled to use the said GPA for sale of property . if however GPA has fraudulently sold these properties then your grand mother can revoke POA granted . challenge sale made to family members for consideration below the market price . contact a local lawyer in bangalore
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45488 Answers
2673 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a suit for partition and seek your complete share of property by questioning so-called GPA transaction which is not in your interest.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

How was your grand mother appointed a guardian of your grand father? By which provision of law she transferred the right of your grand father in his parental property? Did you enter into a settlement with brother of your grand father whereby you agreed to take some of the properties and renounce your right in other? Your grand mother could not have unilaterally transferred her husband's proprietary rights. The legal remedy for you is to challenge the GPA she made in favour of her husband's brother.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can file suit for partition and one more thing when the sale deed was registered you to challenge the entire sale deeds which was registered through GPA.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

you can challenge it court
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer