• Character and antecedents verification for govt job

I resigned from pvt job to join govt job. But they (pvt)didn't relieved me on time as 3 months notice period required .But I send the resignation mail 2 days before and paid the notice due amount as they mentioned and joined the govt job. I mentioned same in character and antecedent verification form. After 3 months later only they sent me reliving letter with date covering 3 days i working in govt job. Will it be a problem during character verification as relieving date mismatch of pvt company? I sent registered post with back due to my pvt company to correct it but no reply?
Asked 4 years ago in Labour

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

1) Does your govt job really needs private job certificate and relieving letter. its better one select unemployed to join govt job because govt jobs criteria are different.

If I am not wrong please read you govt job description and on what basis you have selected for it.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Sir if you paid for the notice period.in that case the reliving date should be the day you resigned so it should not cover the three days of your working in the government post. Sir it can cause a issue if pointed out though no.fault on.ylur part there won't be a issue you can still ask the company to correct your relieving letter accordingly.

Sir if they are not.replying send a legal notice to.company stating if in notice.period same.is not.corrected you will.go.for legal action and claim.damages from them.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Visit the company office personally and request company to correct date mentioned in relieving letter

2) you should then not face any problems in verification process

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear client,

1. See a government job doesn’t need any private job certificate and relieving letter. See you can say that your unemployed and join a government job because I know very well which has very different criteria.

2. See then you ask for the same in your company where you have worked lastly.

3. Then you shouldn’t face any such problems and let us know in what grade under government you got an appointment.

Koushalya Pattan
Advocate, Bangalore
174 Answers

Not rated


No will not create any problem.

Tell them the correct fact and the letter by means of which you have asked them to correct the details.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please don't confuse it has no relevancy for the character verification.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since you have records to prove that you resigned the previous job prior to joining the government job, you can always produce the evidence to safeguard your interest in case of any show cause notice issued to you in this regard.

As a matter of fact the verification report about character and antecedents will not contain any adverse report on this since you are no more working in the company.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to contact your previous employer, the private company, and request them to correct the record properly, in order to avoid any overlapping of employment. Otherwise, the record may pose difficulties with your government employment at a later date.

Swaminathan Neelakantan
Advocate, Coimbatore
1923 Answers
20 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer