I had loaned some amount to my friend more than 2 years ago. Now he is not willing to return the money. I have e-mail communication with him where he is accepting that he had borrowed the money and he would return back it soon. I do not have any information about his address and I know only his mobile number. He is based out of Hyderabad. I need the answer from genuine lawyers who know what they are talking about. If the lawyer is based out of Hyderabad, that will be better. I had asked some question on this site regarding country club membership and paid money(8K) to someone to be told that the place of arbitration was Hyderabad. Everyone knows that when we buy some product/service from some organisation, the contract/warranty card says that, in the case of dispute the place of arbitration will be organisation HQ. I had promised to pay the fee and had not asked the fee in advance. This time, I am looking for genuine answers from knowledgeable folks. Please reach out to me via e-mail.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Thanks to all who answered my first questions. I am describing all the facts related to my query. Post that, please let me know if anything can be really done.
1. My ex-colleagues borrows money by giving me a call over the phone.
2. He had been genuine until then so I agree to help him.
3. He shares bank account detail over the e-mail. I transfer the money in that account using e-banking.
4. He had borrowed money for a couple of months but no response from him after that.
5. We have exchanged so many e-mails where he keeps on telling me that he would return money soon but he has not returned even a single penny so far.
6. He is located in Hyderabad and I am based out of Hyderabad.
7. I have his phone number and he is available over WhatsApp. I sent him the messages over WhatsApp but he never responded back though he had seen the messages.
8. He is available on LinkedIn and Facebook.
I only have his phone number and no address. I would like only experts to answer my message if anything is possible.
Thanks a lot in anticipation.
Asked 4 years ago