Auto debit on my credit card without my authorization
This is for my ICICI pru life Policy renewal ,i have clearly instructed via email on 13th March,2015 that not to do auto debit on my SBI credit as i said i will make the payment through net banking,but ICICI Prulife has done the auto debit on 15 March,2015 from my SBI credit card without my approval and even after i made the payment through netbanking on 14th March,2015.so here the payment has been done twice for the single policy.I have never opted any autodebit option for this policy even after getting remainders.I spoke to SBI and they said that even to do auto debit there should be request from my side is compulsory and they have confirmed that i have never made such request.They even said that to made such transaction they need to generate OTP and which is also not done.The amount 22340/- is reflecting in my SBI credit card and SBI saving banks account.I escalated the issues to ICICI Prulife grievances cell on 6th April but there is no reply except a reply that states that " will revert shortly"What action i can take now.please help me on this.
Asked in Civil Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
1) you can issue legal notice to ICICI pru Life
2) obtain an unconditional apology from the company
3) visit website of company and complain to Grievance Redressal Officer, Ms. Dinaz Maira (Associate Vice President-Customer Service
Senior Grievance Redressal Officer, Mr. Deepak Kinger(Compliance officer)
Grievance Redressal Committee
4) Grievance Cell of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)
They have reverted that the payment will be credited to my credit card in 12 days.But my concern is how come some one access my credit card and make a payment and which is a crime.Any possibilities to make them to pay some penalty?please explain the available possibilities.
Asked 2 years ago
Make a complaint to bank ombudsman against the bank, if it is not working you may have to approach the consumer court
1) if payment would be credited to your account within 12 days forget the issue .
2) you can complain to IRDA against the company if you so desire
3) IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority) has started a new service where you can approach by phone or E-mail and complain against your Insurer. There is a call centre started by IRDA for registering grievances on policy-related matters. The call centre will provide an easy and convenient way to bring complaints to the notice of the IRDA. the Toll Free Number is 155255 and Email for complaints is firstname.lastname@example.org .
4) you can also move consumer forum against compnay and claim compnesation for deficiency in service
It is advisable to issue a legal notice against this mischief. A case can be filed before the Bank Ombudsman as well and damages could be filed for deficiency in service before the Consumer court.
gateway takes 4-5 days to confirm electronic transaction, wait for a week and then send a legal notice for transfer of money in your account. If icici refuses to do so then you should file case before consumer forum because it will be decide in few months and no court fee is needed. avoid civil suit. you can also send a notice to bank and complaint before bank ombudsman because bank has committed irregularity in making payment.
1. Change your user name and password of credit card immediately.
2. Issue a legal notice to ICICI prudential Life .It is absolutely a wrong committed by the bank by using your credit card with out your permission.
3. A case can be filed before the Bank Ombudsman as well and damages could be filed for deficiency in service before the Consumer court.
More details about credit card and its regulations applicable in Inida ,issued by RBI visit :
How does credit card fraud occur?
Credit card fraud happens when consumers give their credit card number to unfamiliar individuals, when cards are lost or stolen, when mail is diverted from the intended recipient and taken by criminals, or when employees of a business copy the cards or card numbers of a cardholder.Never provide your credit card number or other personal information on the phone, unless you are able to verify that you are speaking with your financial institution or a merchant you trust. Don't give your account number to anyone who calls you on the phone.
1. When you has passed clear instructions to not to do auto debit they should have adhered to the same.
2. Since your escalation to the higher management within ICICI has not yielded a response you may now issue a lawyer's notice through your lawyer to ICICI to refund the amount debited from your account and also to claim damages. If ICICI does not meet your demand then you can move to consumer forum.
Despite the promise made of amount being credited to your account within 12 days the large question is unauthorized use of your credit card, which you can address by going to court to claim compensation.
Wait for 12 days and then initiate the process.
This issue is commonly faced by the credit card using customers. The customers who chosen the auto debit face this problems.
if you have not applied or allowed banking person for auto debit, then you can file a consumer case against the bank, you have to procure the documents relating to no Auto debit was given by you (Statement reflecting auto debit happen and reversal of SBI in to your credit card account). also You have to substantiate your grievance in this regard. Arrange all the trail mails.
1.Send a legal notice to ICICI Prulife and also S.B.I. for refunding the autodebited amount to your account with in 7 days,
2. If they fail, file a compliant before the consumer forum claiming the said refund, interest, damage and cost.
1. Yes, you are required to knoaw as to how cound such thing happen,
2. Send a latter to SBI asking to know how did it so happen under copy to the Banking Ombudsman,
3. You will get the reply. may be that it has happened due to oversight.