• Property

My grandfather has 2 sons and a daughter.now out of which his younger son expired in 2008 in. A car accident.and i am the son of his younger son and I am the only son in the family.the elder son of my grandfather is still alive and he has 3 daughters.i am the only grandson for him,rest all are daughters.can I do a legal case on my grandfather for my stake on property?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Nagpur, Maharashtra
is it your grand father self acquired property? if so  it is for your grand father to decide how he wants to bequeath his property . 

only if your grand father dies intestate would you have share in property as one of legal heirs
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47935 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the property you are referring to you is your grand father's self acquired property then he will have absolute right and freedom to bequeath the property to any body and/or including his legal heirs and if your grand father dies without writing a WILL then all legal heirs would have a share in the property.
Shashidhar S. Sastry
Advocate, Bangalore
1665 Answers
109 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

in case of ancestral property you can ,but if it is a self acquired property then you can claim your share only if their in no will
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Is your grand father alive? Does he have any ancestral property? If he has some ancestral property then you may file a case for partition to cull out your proprietary rights therein. 

If the property is his self purchased then you do not have any rights therein except if he died without a will.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer