• SPV owned by Indian subsidiary for Real estate acquisition


I am intrested to know how it is possible to go in real state business in foreign counties with a legal approach. 

I have a private limited company dealing in real estate. Is it possible that I legally found an offshore company or subsidiary in foreign and then that entity creates a SPV for purposes of holding /engaging in real estate/ farmlands sector.

Or its is possible by subsidiary only. If not please help me with legal way to approach the goal.
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
you have to check the rules and regulations for operating in foreign country . whether there is any restriction for investment in real estate in said country ? whether it is necessary that citizens of that country have to be shareholders? limit of foreign holdings in that country? contact a local lawyer in the country wherein you desire to do business in .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Querist
you can easily bear the consultation fee of a lawyer so it will be better to contact a lawyer personally and discuss with him/her in detail.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

it can be mutually decided between the parties and if the laws permit then it can be
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

This is a question that can be decided only by a lawyer in the country where you wish to invest in real estate as it takes within its realm the real estate law prevailing therein. So avail the legal services of a legal practitioner in the country where you intend to invest.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer