• Diversion of a water canal into my plots

i hav 2 plots in a layout, and there is a canal attached to my plots and its other side has an agricultural land. so, these agricultural land owners have forcefully diverted this canal into my plots. so, can i file  FIR against these people ?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Amravati, Maharashtra
yes file FIR if forcible diversion of water has taken place .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
41547 Answers
2386 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a suit against the agricultural land owners to stop such diversion of the canals into your plots.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

you can lodge a complaint in police station who will forward it to Special Executive Magistrate or  SDM
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

3.5 on 5.0

Hi, you can file a police complaint.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4453 Answers
200 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

You may certainly file a FIR against them. In addition thereto, you may also sue them for damages.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22896 Answers
620 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer