• Renewed passport in Tatkaal got my passport. Show case notice came as I have some case pending.

Please advise on the Questions as below as per the Show case notice???
What should i do for this??

1). You may recall the passport was dispatched to you ?

2) You are therefore called upon to provide an explanation and submit a Fresh application with correct detials?

3) Also state why action should not be taken to impound your passport under the section of the passport Act 1967 and section (12 (1) B of the passport Act, 1967 should not be initiated against you??
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

7 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

it is necessary to peruse show cause notice to advice

2) submit fresh application for issue of passport and furnish correct permanent and temporary address wherein you are residing

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87897 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You have not mentioned which case is pending against you. Did you not mention in the renewal application that the case is pending against you? Concealment of facts in the passport application is an offence carrying an imprisonment of up to 2 years under Section 12 of Passports Act.

2. If police verification report is negative then passport can be impounded.

3. The reply to the notice can be drafted only in view of the nature of the pending case.

4. Consult a lawyer with complete details.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please note that if you have some pending criminal case against you and if you have not stated the same in your application then they will send show Cause notice if you have submitted false details.

Secondly if you have no pending case in court against you send them a reply notice stating you have no pending case and as such action should not be initiated against you.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to provide complete documentation in this regard to advise you properly what kind of case is pending on you and what are the information that you provided incorrectly in the application form for renewal of your passport you have to reply correctly and wisely to the passport department keeping in mind that your passport is liable to be impound.

It will be a good idea to hire an advocate to reply the notice

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

My dear your question itself is confusing, you are not able to put question in a right manner.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir since there is misrepresentation and false information furnished by you in that case the passport authority issued SCN against you in that you should reply to the show cause notice praying for fresh application for the passport that in hurry some details were missed further there is no travel ban imposed on you.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Passport shall be refuse on the ground that proceedings in respect of an offence alleged to have been committed by the applicant are pending before a criminal court and knowingly furnishes any false information or suppresses any material information with a view to obtaining a passport shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which shall not be less than one year but may extend to five years.

Better recall and apply fresh with correct details.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

It is your fault for suppressing the facts in the application for the passport about the pending criminal cases against you.

You should give an explanation in writing tothe questions put against you and plead innocence of the rules of the passport and also may state that it was by oversight that you did not disclose the details of pending criminal case.

If you dont give an explanation then you will not be able to get your passport after this until this subject matter is cleared by the passport authorities.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78050 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. It appears that you had suppressed the fact that a criminal case is pending before a Court against you.

2. Appear before the said passport authority and submit acceptable ground for your purported act of suppression of material fact to avoid being punished with jail term, should the passport authority initiate legal action against you.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer