• Return of cheque

I had given cheque to the builder of my property in year 2008 without any date as insisted by builder as a caution amount.As the amount was exceeding the total price of property,i later gave instruction to the bank to stop payment against the cheque no. in 2008.
The builder put the date of 2014 in given cheque and tried to encash it,but the bank returned the cheque back.
Can i fall in any legal problem ?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Vadodara, Gujarat
Repeated query. Already replied.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

there has to be a legal liablity on the part of the person issuing cheque to be charged as accused under 138ni
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

repeated query
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47916 Answers
2844 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes, he can file complaint under Negotiable Instrument Act.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4562 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

In the circumstances no complaint can be filed. Refer to my reply in earlier query.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
574 Answers
172 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer