• Apartment maintenance

Dear sirs, 
I would like to bring to your kind notice that we are residing in a apartment in AS Rao Nagar Hyderabad, and we have welfare association and it was registered, in this regard i would like to explain you that  some of the owners and tenets of our apartment are not paying maintenance because of that  we are not able to meet regular expenses like watchman salary, water bill, Electricity, repair charges etc., 

Now we would like to issue legal notices and want fight legally, 

please advice is there any possibility to proceed legally, we can't afford huge legal expenses to lawyers etc., so is there any possibility for free legal aid. please advice how to proceed. in this regards
Thank you 
 PB Kumar
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
issue of legal notices wont cost much . in case some mebers are not paying maintenance regularly display their name in building notice board in list of defaulters . it will work wonders . reduce number of watchmen in complex  to bare minimum .

 free legal is for individuals . as a registered welfare association you wont be eligible for free legal aid .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46806 Answers
2769 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can issue legal notice for not paying maintenance as my friend advice you are not eligible for free legal aid.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

all the matter relating to the society has to be routed through Registrar of societies,so file complaint to registrar ,and if does not take any action ,then issue legal notice to the party after expiry of minimum waiting period,in delhi it is 3 months
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

You are not entitled to free legal aid. As rightly suggested by Mr.Sethi, display the names of defaulting members on the notice board and curtail the expenditure by reducing the number of watchmen and other staff to bare minimum.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23140 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer