• Land grabbed by land mafia

(place: rajasthan)
I belong to schedule caste category, live in a small town, we are 3 brother and i am the elder one. My parents are expired and we have some 10 beegha partially banjar land which is registered to other person 40-50 year ago, we have the ownership of that land from last >40 years .This land gifted to my motther by her mother >40 year ago, Now some local land Maafia are trying to grab that land with the help of my younger brother. Recently we are seeing on online portal of Rajasthan goverment that this land is transferred to some other people.As a proof we can have only neighbour's statement of nearby that land.some photographs.we can still access that land no one has occupied yet.This all things are done online and in backdoor.
1-Please suggest me what action we should take against them.
2- Is there possibility to get back our land legally.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

1. Since the land mafia is attempting to grab your land you should firstly file a police complaint to the jurisdictional police station to protect your land and then immediately file a civil suit to seek permanent injunction to restrain your brother and land mafia from dispossessing you from the land.

2. If on the online portal the land is seen as transferred to another person then possibly a forged sale deed may already have been executed. Immediately engage a local lawyer to conduct a title search in the office of sub-registrar and if the land has indeed been transferred then file a suit for declaration of the sale deed as illegal.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Sir keep the possession of the property Since the land is name of third party you have just occupied it so you have right of the Adverse possession only.

2.Further in case the mafia goes for possession in that case file a FIR on them and further when they file for possession of property then you can claim adverse possession as there are no ownership documents with you to claim the land.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is a land grabbing case. Kindly file an FIR at the earliest with your local police stating all the details and submit it along with the copies of your deed and any other documents supporting your case.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0


Take possession of the property as early as you can build a structure and in the meantime file a suit for injunction and declaration for the said property. Always remember possession of the property is very important , so never loose it .


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

File A declaratory suit that you are absolute owner of land

2) seek injunction restraining creation of their party rights on the property

3) take 30 years title search report as to said land

4) if land is transferred in suit seek orders to set aside transfer

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87917 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. IF your names appear on the Land Revenue records, THEN file Police FIR against the mafia persons for trespassing, intimidating, threatening etc....

2. File periodic caveat with the Civil Court and the Tahsil office, restraining them from making any transfers /changes in the land revenue records, till proper hearing is conducting alongwith your statements.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, it is advisable to file a civil suit for permanent injuction and declaration in court in order to claim title over your land .. Also register a police FIR for illegal trespass over the propert

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4619 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

File suit for declaration of title by giving evidences of your ownership and possession for last 4o yrs. If court is satisfied then it will grant you a title

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

1. On the basis of the available documentary evidences in yor possession you may file a declaratory suit to declare the title of the property in your favor on the basis of adverse possession. Also you may file an application mandatory injunction agaisnt the defendants from interfering in your possession or dispossessing you from the property by any illegal means other than by due process of law.

2. It depends on the strength of the documentary evidences in your possession and the way you convince the court about your title and entitlement a per law

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is Gift Deed registered ?

How month`s mother acquired the peropty ?

File criminal complain agasint the mutation and encroachment done.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer