• Regarding admission without transfer certificate

In year 2007, I changed My school board CBSE to UPMSP(UP BOARD) to persue class 12 exam , While taking admission in UPMSP , UPMSP affiliated school not asked for transfer certificate. Now I just want to ask , Is my admission and class 12 board exam legally valid ? Now is it possible , CBSE Asked me that your admission is not valid Because you had not issued a Transfer Certificate??
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

3 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

No issues, 12th result valid, TC is just a matter of procedure while taking admission in another school. If not followed, dose not make big deal.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1)admission is legally valid

2) as matter of abundant caution obtain transfer certificate and forward it to UP Board as time of giving exams transfer certificate would be required

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No, you can't join a reputed school without transfer certificate. Most of the school will not give admission.

Transfer certificate is a certificate issued to a student on his request by the in charge of the institution ie. College or School when the student wants to leave that institution. The transfer certificate has in it personal details of the student mentioned in it and states the date of birth of the student as per the record of the said institute, when and which course the student studied in the institution, the last class passed or failed and further certifies that the said student has paid all his dues to the institution and is not a defaulter. It also has mentioned in the name of the mother and the name of the father and the occupation of the family as per its records.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The board cannot ask after so many years since transfer certificate are issued just to authenticate that you belonged to a particular school and have taken prope exit from that school since your school has dispensed asking of transfer certificate the board will not ask after gap of so many year.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

They are right.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes, both are legally valid.

No, the same is not possible and at any time a situation like this comes before you, you can challenge the such situation/action in the High Court.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Transfer certificate is need for different state admission. If your admission is in same state then no need to worry.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0


Transfer certificate is an essential document and it is very much possible that there may be any sort of bond filled by you without your knowledge.

Anand Shukla
Advocate, New Delhi
666 Answers
14 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

On the changing of keyboard you need to get transfer certificate along with the migration from one go to other Court and that is to be submitted in the school you are getting admission your marksheet and everything is valid only presentation of your transfer certificate and migration certificate the UP Board will definitely ask the transfer certificate and migration certificate from CBSE board that you have to provide to your school for confirming your education

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


Your admission is valid and you are suggested to pursue your studies.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

The UPMSP school only can say that , but they are not bothered about it, hence you do not have to be worried on that count.

The CBSE board school is no where concerned with your higher education formalities.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer