• Buying plot in Kolkata

I want to buy a plot in New Town Kolkata. These plots were initially sold by state government organization called HIDCO and now being resold. I would like to what documents/papers to look for and how to know that the property does not have any dispute and I will not have any legal problem after buying it?
Pratul Ghosh
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
enquire about ownership and see chain of documents

There are dozens of documents which are to be vetted before buying a property. Failure to vet even a single document may mean a long drawn legal battle to prove the ownership. Contact a lawyer personally and let him give a title clearance report to you.

HI, You can contact local advocate.

You may contact Mr.Minansu Bhadra as he practices at Kolkata.

check whether seller has original documents of property . whether property taxes and other dues have been paid by seller ? whether society maintenance dues have been paid ? whether prior permission of HIDCO is necessary for sale of property / whether there is any lock in period wherein property cannot be sold ? 

obtain certificate from local lawyer that title is clear and marketable . then only purchase the property