• Fake gift deed

I have a fake gift deed made by my aunt of a property in andheri gifted to her by my grandfather. We know its fake because the signatures on it of my grandfather do not match with the original ones on other documents ( passport etc..). She has someone how managed to forge signatures and get the deed registered in 2006 with help of a doctor certificate that my grandfather cannot walk to sign it in front of the magistrate. I have already initiated the documents for forensic signature verification and awaiting their report.

Please advise what would be the further course of action to be taken on this.
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
did your grand father appear before sub registrar for registration of gift deed
you send it to me ,as there can not be registration unless the doner appears before the sub registrar and make statement or sub registrar make a visit  at the place of doner
If you know it is fake then challenge it in the court as only a court of law can nullify a gift deed. In addition to this also file a criminal case for forgery against her wherein she will be jailed, on conviction, for the offence of forgery.
A gift deed has to registered and the person has to appear before sub-registrar. You can challenge the gift deed as well as take criminal action against your aunt. Check the gift deed for witnesses signature also, minimum two has to sign and the donor has to sign before them and your aunt can not be one of them.
you have to contact a local lawyer after prior appointment . if gift deed is fake you have to file suit for  declaration that gift deed is null and void as your aunt signature has been forged . gift deed needs signature of 2 attesting witness . evidence of attesting witness would be cruical in this case .
rslegal4u@gmail.com. You can contact me on this email.