• Payments refusal

I have a customer who has been delaying my payments from 60 days to 90days and now have reached almost 150 days...
I have tranportation reciepts and invoices duly signed and stamped by his office as proof of material supplied to him... how can i pressure him for my payments?? Can i file a case against him only on behalf of transportation reciept/ builty or stamped invoice??
Asked 6 years ago in Business Law

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

13 Answers

issue him legal notice to clear your outstanding dues

2) id he refuses file summary suit under order XXXVII of code of civil procedure to recover your money with interest

3) you can file suit on basis of invoice and delivery challan

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94652 Answers
7523 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See if the customer is individual or partnership firm serve him the legal notice for recovery of amount due in invoices. if he fails to pay in the period of notice then you can file a summary suit for recovery of the amount in the civil court.

in case it is company serve a demand notice under insolvency petition as operational creditor.

Further yes you will able to recover complete amount with interest on delayed payments,

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


A legal notice should ne sent to the errant customer payment of the amount for services rendered and if he does not respond the legal action in the form of criminal complaint should be taken against him for recovery.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
14088 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

If u comes under Micro, small or medium Enterprise than file reference to Micro and small enterprises facilitation council.

Otherwise issue for notice for demand of payment within 7 days failure to which file recovery suit.

File complain of cheating for recovery if have sources in police.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22622 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Firstly, you will have to serve a legal notice to them asking them to the pay the entire amount within 15 days of receipt of the legal notice, along with interest

If they fail to adhere even after the receipt of legal notice you can proceed to file a suit for recovery against them in civil court for recovering Your lawful dues.

The stamped invoices can be used to establish contractual liability between you and your customer in court.


Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
6303 Answers
102 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You first issue a legal demand notice demanding your dues, wait for his reply and then you may proceed with the proper legal action on such issues.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84852 Answers
2187 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are free to file a case for recovering this payment, but before doing so you must send this customer a legal notice giving him a final chance to clear the dues.

If he does not pays despite the legal notice, sue him in a case of recovery.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9600 Answers
303 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir firstly send him legal notice giving fifteen days time seeking for the amount due to you from him. If he fails to make payment of amount within specified period in notice file a suit for recovery of money in jurisdiction court along with damages. Secondly you can file case based on receipts and stamped invoice.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1879 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Is your customer s Company? and is the amount more than INR 100000? Then you may file a case against the customer before the National Company Law Tribunal, Delhi based on your invoices.

You may also file a suit for recovery of money based on the invoices.


Uma Vyavaharkar-Acharya
Advocate, Mumbai
59 Answers
2 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


I advise you to fist send him a legal notice and thereafter a case for recovery of the payment can be filed in the court for the purpose of recovery.

I advise you to first send a legal notice.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18077 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Yes you have to file money Suit against customers and you can also claim the legal charges and interest for the delayed period

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6852 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. Serve a lawyer's notice to hjm to release the payments forthwith.

2. If he does not release even after lawyer's notice then a suit for recovery of money can be filed to claim the principal amount with interest, compensation and litigation cost.

3. The suit can be filed on the basis of transportation receipts/stamped invoice.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30763 Answers
972 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You may file recovery suit along with interest 18 percent of the total amount ND litigation fees also..which uh had paid to your lawyer... Send a legal notice to intimate him.that uh may take legal action against him through advocate... If not received the reply then a file suit for recovery ....

Nishant Bhadoria
Advocate, delhi
73 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer