1. the builder should have taken prior permission and consent of flat buyer before increasing the carpet area to 823
2. builder cannot unilaterally increase the carpet area and thus saleable area and demand money for excess area
3. 30 lacs is not a small amount to arrange
4. what do you wish to do?
5. do you wish to continue in the project or withdraw from the project?
6. if you wish to withdraw from the project due to delay in handover of possession then you can approach RERA
7. you will get refund of all your moneys so far paid plus bank interest plus stamp duty and registration fee
8. you can also claim interest on all the above amounts plus compensation
9. in the event you wish to continue in the project then:
i. ask the builder to provide sanctioned amended plans showing amended carpet area
ii. ask the builder for original plans showing original carpet area
iii. ask the builder at what rate is the excess area being charged from you?
iv. whether its the rate which was agreed in the agreement while agreeing to buy flat of original carpet area or rate as applicable to present?